You are burned out; your emotional energy gets depleted and it takes a wake-up call to notice the toll your hectic lifestyle takes on your life.
Self-care is often ignored but necessary; it encompasses a broad term to putting you first physically, mentally, and emotionally. It is easy to confuse self-care with self-indulgence, the latter involves quick fixes that make us feel better temporarily.
Just what does it mean to practice self-care? Self-care practices vary from person to person, finding a routine for yourself will help you set your footing towards greater results which you are looking at increased productivity, reduced stress, better physical health.
So how can it be done? We see that you have read till here, implementing some small changes to your lifestyle today and improve your overall wellbeing from Head to Toe:
• Don’t skip on eating well and exercising, incorporate a routine you can keep up to in your schedule.
• Do look for something positive in each day it will help you recognise things going right in your life instead of focusing on the negative.
• Don’t bury your feelings. Instead, acknowledge them. Take time to process negative feelings, like anxiety or stress. Write it down, talk to others.
• Do block out time in your calendar and schedule a “me-time”, whether it is tuning in to your favourite podcast while savouring a cuppa, treating yourself to a foot spa at home - or anything you find joy in.
• Choose comfortability. When you are dressed comfortably, your productivity level tends to increase. Go for layering pieces that feel barely there, check out some Everyday Staples for performability.